Monday, November 21, 2011

Swimmin' Along

I am, little by little, tweaking Lakshmi (my name for the tank). I added the waterbed heater to the side. I tried to add some stripping along the doors to block out the light, but to little effect. I added a small fan with heating capabilities that tubes into the air vents and, last but not least, I got some linoleum from Home Depot to cover the mission side panel and block out some light. Duct tape was my friend in this endeavor. I had a few more floats, the longest being almost 2 hours. The waterbed heater slows the water from cooling when I unplug the filtration/heater before a float.
Floating makes it easier to get into a good, relaxed state for meditation and the meditations I've been doing feel more intense, even those I do when I'm not floating.
The shower capabilities are somewhat limited. At this point, I have hooked up a hose and sprayer to a hot and cold line in the garage and spray myself while standing in an oversized bucket. Once the salt is off my body, I usually go in and take a real shower (It would be a big problem to try to walk through the house covered with the salt). I am going to try a different type of stripping to cover the cracks and keep out more light. Due to a professional hazard, I have access to an abundance of used rubber yoga mats and I will cut strips from those.
With the current filtration system and ozonater, along with the heavily brined water, I generally put a "pinch" of chlorine into the tank each week to keep it fresh.
Hopefully, I can get some other people to try it out soon and make some suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment